The State of Florida has new rules on how to file a workers compensation exemption. They will now only accept online applications.
- Anyone wishing to apply for an exemption from workers’ compensation insurance must apply online through the Division’s website;
- paper applications are no longer accepted.
- If you are in the construction industry, there is a $50 charge to apply or renew for an exemption with the Florida Division of Workers Compensation.
- If you are not in the construction industry there is no cost to apply or renew your exemption.
- To be exempt you must be an officer of the corporation or managing member in an LLC and own at least 10% of the business.
- The State of Florida website site to apply for the exemption is https://apps.fldfs.com/bocexempt/#bHow to File a Florida Workers Comp Exemption Form
Applicants can either go to the Division’s main page and click on “Click here to apply for or renew an exemption, to modify your application, or to print your certificate” or they can access the online application directly at: https://apps.fldfs.com/bocexempt/#b.
If you need to print a copy of a exemption certificate to provide to companies or individuals you are performing work for, you can use either one of the above methods to access the application screen and then click on the box that says “Print Your Certificate of Election to be Exempt.”
Also, the state Division of Workers' Compensation has a new address for its website: www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/WC.
Augustyniak Insurance Group offers a free evaluation of your current
Get a Florida Workers Compensation Quote or call and speak to an expert insurance agent at 904-268-3106
Florida Workers Compensation Insurance: Learn the Basics